Masato races home to save Mamako from a door-to-door salesman! It’s nothing to worry about, however, as the bomb he’s just left them with can be easily defused if you know how!
The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
So, Mamako picks up the glowing bomb and starts to pat it while saying reassuring words. Amazingly, the bomb deactivates and they all decide to go on a picnic. There, Amante interrupts their meal to say that another assassin is on the way. There’s an explosion back at the guild and when they get there, three thugs are waiting for them. They say that they have bombs all over the town and will detonate them unless Mamako does as they ask.
She agrees and cooks them some ham fried rice which reminds them all of their mom’s cooking. Then, Pocchi, the leader demands bed service… To Masato’s horror, it looks like Mamako is about to go through with it until she pulls the blanket over him and pats his arm until he falls asleep. She then puts the other two thugs to sleep. When they wake, they apologize for their behaviour and head home to their moms.
Mamako asks to have a naked bath meeting to go over their plans, but Amante interrupts again, then slips and falls over, before rushing out. In the morning, the other moms have come to join the guild so that they can clear the tower and get all the other children back.
So, this episode had more fan-service than some of the others, but it is still boring. I’m sorry, but this series really has gone off the rails for me and I don’t see it coming back. There is no tension, the humour is dull and repetitive. I just can’t seem to find anything that I would praise it for anymore. I feel like this was the idea for a short OVA series that someone tried to expand into a full series and it’s just not got the legs for it. I was expecting so much more from this series.
Naked Team Meeting!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.