The battle with Wise’s mom, the Empress of Night is about to begin, but first, Shirase activates her most powerful magic – the Banhammer. It’s about to be mom versus mom! Get it on!
Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
Wise remembers how her distant mom returned one day and sucked them both into the game. For a while, they fought together defeating monsters, but soon it fell apart and they began to fight with each other. Frustrated, Wise left and her mom abused her powers to become the Empress of Night.
Masato and his party discovered a coffin in the woods and used a revive spell. It was Shirase who would have prefered that they removed her from the branch that had impaled her first… Having revived Shirase again, she activates the Banhammer and forces the Empress of Night to appear. Now, it’s up to Masato’s party to bring her to justice and find a way for Wise to get close to her mom so that she can be removed from the game!
So, there were some nice moments with Mamako as would be expected. She’s definitely shaping up to be a top anime mom and even Masato is showing some growth, recognising that at times he’s selfish and says things without thinking. Otherwise, this episode was a little boring. The battle with the Empress of Night felt a little flat and certainly lacked the entertainment value of the slime battle. They’re off on a new quest next week, so I’m hoping for more ecchi shenanigans than we’re present in this one.
Wise Reveals All!
The Night Empress!
On to the Next Quest!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.