With Mamako easily defeating all and every opponent they face, it’s going to be hard to level up, until they discover a school that is just for the children and absolutely no parents!
This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
Masato, Wise, and Porta enrol in a school for adventurers, which at the moment is their best chance to gain valuable experience points, plus there are some very specific gifts for joining. It should also be a place where the children can enjoy themselves without their mothers doing everything for them… or so they thought!
They meet Medhi and her mother, Medhimama… already, that’s a bad sign and before two seconds have passed, she is possibly the most annoying parent in the game. It doesn’t stop there though, as Medhimama blocks Masato from answering a question and then puts everyone else to sleep so that Medhi can gain all the points.
I mentioned that last week’s episode felt a little boring, well, for me, this one was worse. Sure, there are lots of mom jokes, but I am starting to see why Masato is getting so frustrated. Mamako is doing everything and not letting them join in. Then, with the introduction of Medhimama I just wanted to bang my head against the wall. Yes, she’s supposed to be annoying, but come on. On top of that, nothing really happened. At least there’s still Shirase and her ‘inform’ gags… I was a little disappointed this week.
Other posts in the series
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!