A zombie outbreak spreads across the world, leaving a group of high school students to fend for themselves. How will they react when their friends try to eat them?
Spring of the Dead
Having skipped class, Takashi witnesses a scuffle by the front gates. Apparently a drunk is trying to get into the school grounds, but when he bites the gym teacher things take a monstrous turn. Takashi races to his class and grabs Rei and Hisashi, telling them that they have to leave now. They’d barely left the class when a terrifying message comes across the intercom.
The dead are attacking the living and they’ve made it into the school. Takashi, Rei, and Hisashi head to the rooftop to try to escape from their fallen classmates that now seem determined to eat them. One encounter with an undead teacher left Hisashi with a small bite on his arm. They barricade themselves by the observatory club’s room and try to make a plan, but one look across the city tells them that it’s not just the school. The entire city has gone to hell!
Firstly, I love this series. It is my favourite anime of all time and every time I watch it, I just reconfirm that. Not only does it have some great characters, but the story is utterly compelling. This first episode does an incredible job of setting the tone and the feel for the series. Even the first two minutes alone do enough to let you know exactly what you are getting. It’s going to be gory and violent, but you can also expect some of the finest ecchi going. If you’ve not seen this series, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It has it all!
What’s Going On?
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Spring of the Dead
- Episode 2 – Escape from the Dead
- Episode 3 – Democracy Under the Dead
- Episode 4 – Running in the Dead
- Episode 5 – Streets of the Dead
- Episode 6 – In the Dead of the Night
- Episode 7 – Dead Night and the Dead Ruck
- Episode 8 – The Dead Way Home
- Episode 9 – The Sword and the Dead
- Episode 10 – The Dead’s House Rules
- Episode 11 – Dead Storm Rising
- Episode 12 – All Dead’s Attack