The elves want Shera back and Diablo is not prepared to give her up, which is understandable. That does mean that he’s got to stop a war between the elves and the humans though!
Sylvie arrived at Diablo’s room to deliver some news about Shera and the details of a quest involving her. The elves want her back, but Diablo is having none of it. However, that means that he will have to find a way to stop a war breaking out between the elves and the humans.
Having visited Galford, Lord of Faltra City, Diablo heads to a weapon shop to pick up something that will hurt without killing. He may be a demon lord, but he’s not evil! While out though, Shera is kidnapped. Diablo races after her, but Emile gets there first and saves the day.
It’s nice to see that Diablo has been affected by the deaths of the adventurers so much so that he downgrades his weapon for fighting regular foes. Shera is bouncy and determined in this episode, but other than that it was mainly setup for future episodes and used to introduce new characters. It was the weakest of the episodes so far, but there’s still lots of great moments where Diablo battles his inner demons.
Sylvie Explains the Situation!
The Imperial Knight!
Still want more?
I’m also covering this series on The Otaku Author where I look into what works and doesn’t work in the story elements. All the best images are here, but if you want to really dive into what makes this episode tick, head on over. Click here… you know you want to!
Other posts in the series
- How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (Discussion) – Fingerbang the Cat Loli, Save the World!
- Episode 1 – The Demon Lord Act
- Episode 2 – The Strongest Newcomer
- Episode 3 – Fallen Assault
- Episode 4 – Point-Blank War Dance
- Episode 5 – Imperial Knight
- Episode 6 – Slave Market
- Episode 7 – Change of Heart
- Episode 8 – Hero’s Charge
- Episode 9 – Holy Knight Tale
- Episode 10 – Demon Lord’s Resurrection
- Episode 11 – The Young Girl Awakens
- Episode 12 – Battle for Legitimacy