With no memory of his last adventure, Takuya returns to the start point and looks to find out more about Kanna Hatano. She’s the transfer student who knows more than she’s letting on.
The Transfer Student’s Friend
Takuya approached Kanna in class and attempts to find out more about her. She says that she needs to go to the nurse’s room, so he offers to walk her there. Any excuse to see Eriko, am I right? Anyhow, Eriko isn’t there and Kanna passes out. Takuya places her on the bed, removes her clothing, and wipes away her sweat. Later, she wakes to find Takuya sitting beside the bed. Eriko comes in and asks Takuya to keep an eye on Kanna.
In an attempt to keep her close, Takuya and Kanna join the history club, much to Mio’s annoyance. Not long after joining, Kanna points out that part of the diorama they’ve been working on is out of date. They decide to go and get more photos of the strange mountain in the bay.
Once they’re done, Takuya asks Yuuki to walk Mio home, so that he can walk Kanna back. At Kanna’s apartment building they are met by a creepy drunk guy who appears to know Kanna. He gets a little handsy and Takuya tells him where to go. Kanna takes Takuya into her apartment to defuse the situation. It turns out Kanna lives alone and has been forced to do unspeakable things to make money.
This series really isn’t afraid to tackle any topic, is it? It was sad to see Kanna had been reduced to selling her body to creepy drunk perverts to pay her way and how that had changed her perception of how Takuya might treat her. There were lots of questions raised in this episode and only a few answers. Next week, the history club is going to Mio’s father’s private beach. It sounds like it’s going to be bikinis and good times, but I can’t help but think this shows going to take things in a very different direction. I can’t wait to find out which way it goes!
Kanna Hatano – The Transfer Student!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – You Know?
- Episode 2 – Parallel World Constitutive Theorem
- Episode 3 – Tears That Can’t Be Stopped
- Episode 4 – Dirtied White Skin
- Episode 5 – Spiral of Tragedy
- Episode 6 – Beyond a Pale Light
- Episode 7 – The Cause of the Curse
- Episode 8 – The Sparrows and Swallows Know Not
- Episode 9 – The Distance Between Him and Her
- Episode 10 – Feelings Overlapping
- Episode 11 – That Kiss, Once More
- Episode 12 – The Secret Under the White Coat
- Episode 13 – An Ordained Fate
- Episode 14 – The Transfer Student’s Friend
- Episode 15 – A Summer That Won’t Come Back
- Episode 16 – Within Unmoving Time
- Episode 17 – A Pale, Ephemeral Vow
- Discussion – Shall We Talk About the Fanservice?
- Episode 18 – Twilight in Dela Granto
- Episode 19 – The Bond Between Parent And Child
- Episode 20 – Into the Rafaelo Desert
- Episode 21 – The Quarry Where Demons Rule
- Episode 22 – Escape from the Quarry
- Episode 23 – The Imperial City, Where The Wind Blows
- Episode 24 – The Truth of Dela Granto
- Episode 25 – The Promised Ritual
- Episode 26 – A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World