It’s a race against time for Grantia to bond with Yu-No and avoid the collision between Dela Granto and Earth. But, of course, Ryuuzouji is determined to see them fail!
A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
With no time to grieve Amanda’s disappearance, Takuya and the others have to stop Ryuuzouji from disrupting the ceremony. It looks like they are holding their ground against the sperm… I mean spirits, but then Ryuuzouji takes Ayumi hostage, which is crazy because she could have just walked out of the containment field! He threatens to kill her if Takuya doesn’t release him. Ayumi begs Takuya not to save her and he reluctantly agrees.
One of the sperm… I mean spirits, flies off and finds Eriko. It is her boyfriend Abel’s spirit and he convinces her to return to the fight. They arrive just in time and together defeat Ryuuzouji, although Abel dies holding him down. With Ryuuzouij taken care of, Takuya runs to Ayumi’s side as she bleeds. She tells him about how she was alone and even then she knew he would come to find her.
Eriko returns to her own dimension after learning that the collision is pretty much unavoidable now. If only they’d started the ceremony one second earlier… Takuya returns to Kanna with the Psychite and realises that Amanda was Kanna’s mother, but doesn’t appear to make the connection that he might be her father! He runs off to find Yu-No on the beach where he learns that Dela Granto travelled back in time and was the meteorite that caused Dela Granto to separate to another dimension in the first place. He holds onto Yu-No and disappears with her to watch the Tree of Vrinda grow.
If I’m completely honest, this was a particularly underwhelming conclusion to what has been a thoroughly enjoyable series. Yes, a lot of things were wrapped up, although we still don’t really know what happened to Takuya’s father and ultimately it’s all parallel worlds so does any of it really matter? Ayumi’s death really didn’t hold the gravity it deserved and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about Takuya going with Yu-No at the end. It was a great series, but I think it tried to wrap up too much in one episode.
Eriko Takeda – The Dimension Cop!
Yu-No – The Priestess!
Ayumi – The Divine Emperor!
Kanna Hatano – The Transfer Student!
Mio Shimazu – The History Student!
Kaori Asakura – The Reporter!
Mitsuki Ichijou – The Secretary!
Takuya Arima – The Ladies Man!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – You Know?
- Episode 2 – Parallel World Constitutive Theorem
- Episode 3 – Tears That Can’t Be Stopped
- Episode 4 – Dirtied White Skin
- Episode 5 – Spiral of Tragedy
- Episode 6 – Beyond a Pale Light
- Episode 7 – The Cause of the Curse
- Episode 8 – The Sparrows and Swallows Know Not
- Episode 9 – The Distance Between Him and Her
- Episode 10 – Feelings Overlapping
- Episode 11 – That Kiss, Once More
- Episode 12 – The Secret Under the White Coat
- Episode 13 – An Ordained Fate
- Episode 14 – The Transfer Student’s Friend
- Episode 15 – A Summer That Won’t Come Back
- Episode 16 – Within Unmoving Time
- Episode 17 – A Pale, Ephemeral Vow
- Discussion – Shall We Talk About the Fanservice?
- Episode 18 – Twilight in Dela Granto
- Episode 19 – The Bond Between Parent And Child
- Episode 20 – Into the Rafaelo Desert
- Episode 21 – The Quarry Where Demons Rule
- Episode 22 – Escape from the Quarry
- Episode 23 – The Imperial City, Where The Wind Blows
- Episode 24 – The Truth of Dela Granto
- Episode 25 – The Promised Ritual
- Episode 26 – A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
- Discussion – Did They Eat Kunkun?!